- 6 cups water
- 8 2½ x 1-inch strips lemon peel (see Tips)
- 2 inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 green tea bags
- Sugar substitute (see Tips) (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring the water, lemon strips, and ginger to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove lemon and ginger.
- Place tea bags in a teapot and immediately add simmering lemon-infused water. Cover and let steep 1 to 3 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing gently.
- Serve immediately in heatproof glass mugs or cups. If desired, sweeten to taste with sugar substitute and serve with lemon slices.
Blog article provided by Bell Lifestyle