Widely cultivated in the middle ages, Blessed Thistle is a native of the Mediterranean region, and can now be found in much of the northern hemisphere. It loves to grow in the full sunshine, has prickly leaves and yellow flowers with red highlights.
Today, Blessed Thistle is often cultivated in Europe as a medicinal herb and for its oil yielding seed. Its popularity is on the rise due to its unique properties and recognition of old herbal wisdom.
Ingredients: Organic Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus)
The above herbs are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from each box of tea to the field your herbs were grown in.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!