Eyebright grows in damp woods and meadows throughout Europe. The flower has the appearance of a bloodshot eye, having purple stripes and yellow spots. This herb is semi-parasitic and grows successfully only where suckers can attach themselves to certain grass roots from which it can obtain nutrients.
Eyebright is a very old and well respected herb in folk medicine. It is usually used as an external wash, poultice, or enjoyed as a tea.
Organic Eyebright Herb (Euphrasia officinalis)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a poultice, make an infusion as above but let steep 30 mins. Fold a soft towel lengthwise and soak in cooled tea. Lay-down, relax, and place it over your eyes.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!