Originating in eastern Europe, Hyssop has a long history of use. Its name has been translated from the Herbrew “ezeb,” which means “a holy herb.” It was used in those ancient times to cleanse holy places.
The character of Hyssop can best be described as a combination of the aromatic herbs Thyme, Rosemary, and Savory, giving it a pleasant hot, spicy aroma and a somewhat bitter flavour.
This time honoured herb makes a great tea. We hope you will enjoy it!
Organic Hyssop Herb (Hyssopus officinalis)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!