This west Mediterranean native was one of the principal herbs used by the ancient Greeks and Romans; its fresh, clean scent was their favourite bath water additive.
Today, Lavender is in high demand because of its beautiful scent and unique properties. It is used in cosmetics such as soaps, lotions, lavender water, and is the cornerstone of the essential oil market. With many culinary uses, Lavender is a great cooking herb, and makes a nice relaxing cup of tea. Enjoy!
Organic Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!