Native to southern and western Europe, Milk Thistle has made itself at home in North America and can be easily spotted with its prickly, glossy green leaves and reddish purple thistle-like flowers. The seed coat has the highest silymarian content - the active ingredient for which Milk Thistle is known.
Once Milk Thistle reaches maturity, it develops seed clusters which are scattered by the wind. For this tea, the seeds are harvested once ripe, but before they can blow away, then ground to make a delicious tea.
Many herbalists consider it beneficial to add a little bit of Peppermint to this tea.
Organic Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!