Indigenous to eastern Europe, Parsley has a long history of use in Turkey and Lebanon. Later, the English would spread it around the world after learning its many uses. Associated with spiritual protection, war, and St. Peter, the Greeks originally used Parsley as a garnish to guard a meal from evil. The tradition of garnishing with Parsley continues today, but the purpose is different; it has a fresh clean flavour and many medicinal benefits that chefs appreciate.
Brewing a nice green cup, with aromas of a summer garden, Parsley tea is an ancient and revered beverage that is being rediscovered today.
Organic Parsley Leaf (Petroselinum crispum)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!