The use of mint is documented in the Bible and in herbal manuals of ancient apothecaries. In those times, mint was a different plant closely related to the bland “horse mint” or “wild mint.” It is only through thousands of years of horticulture that we now have such a potently aromatic and invigorating herb as Peppermint.
Renowned for its clean, refreshing flavour and sensation of coolness, Peppermint is by far one of the most famous herbs in the ritual of tea.
Organic Peppermint Leaf (Mentha x piperita)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!